Sunday 5 July 2009

This is where John and I are living for the next couple of months. Its in the garden of the head honcho at the office. It comes fully equiped with a bunk bed, gas stove, toilet (western style!) a tap and a bucket. To be honest its a lot better than I imagined and we even have a security gaurd at night!

Played cricket today at 7am on an abandonded airfield. Stil trying to perfect the doosra but think I'll get it nailed by the end of my stay! Will hopefully be able to play thrice wekly which will be good. Had a wander around the market and it suddenly dorned on me that Jon and I are probably the only westerners in the city (50,00 people) and hence attracted lot of attention. Not sure if I like it but I'm going to have to get used to it! Start work tomorrow and then I think I'll be joning the local gym!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you'll be playing more cricket than you threatened to for UBVCC! Hope all goes well out there mate, I'll try and keep up to date on the site, might even give you some feedback from Dubai...

    ReplyDelete