Saturday 11 July 2009

First Week



Have now been at work for a week having not got of to the best of starts! First day in the office I felt rough from something I had eaten the night before. I was up most of the night on the toilet and upon arriving at the office I bolted to the nearest loo to throw up. This sudden need to evacuate my stomach meant I had no time to remove my false tooth and so subsequently I had to remove it from the depths of an Indian plumbing system soon after! I spent the rest of the day in bed. I took the next day off to recover and then began work in earnest on Wednesday with minimal appetite. We managed to get a clear idea of the objectives of the project from one of the more senior engineers. Our main aim is to make a large diesel engine run mainly on biogas with clean combustion and minimal diesel consumption (80:20 gas to diesel ratio). Our tests mainly involve altering air and gas intakes and looking for smoke which indicates incomplete combustion. The following day I had my first ride on the back of a motorbike to get a part from the market which was pretty fun. I then managed to stab myself with a screw driver in the hand which prompted a barrage of various antiseptics and bandages from the office staff which seem to have worked so far! Also encountered a venomous snake in the engine bay whilst looking for a bolt which made sh*t myself and let out an unashamed girly scream! Managed to find a place to eat which shows the Ashes live so I expect they will get a vast majority of our cash in the coming weeks! Finished work for the week on Saturday, with good results so far, more testing to come next week. We are heading to Pune (the nearest large city) tomorrow for a bit of shopping and sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment